Dodge Viper sales have been on a run since the brand repositioned the limited-production hand-built super car in September, and Dodge is building on the momentum, opening the system for dealers to place sold customer orders of the newly equipped 2015.5 Dodge Viper GTS and TA 2.0 Special Edition, which join the SRT and GT models in the Viper lineup.
“The jump in Viper’s September sales after we announced the new $84,995 starting price showed that the overall repositioning to competitively price Viper with the first 1992 model was on target. But that was just the start,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT. “Today, we’re expanding the Viper lineup by offering the track ready Viper TA 2.0 and GTS models with even more content. This limited-production hand-built super car is the flagship of the Dodge brand, and we will continue to show our commitment to its future.”
Reaching back into its 100-year history, Dodge is using the formula that successfully launched the original 1992 Dodge Viper, but with even more power, refinement and craftsmanship. Adjusting for inflation, the 2015 model year Viper is priced competitively to the first generation Viper, as calculated by Kelley Blue Book. When Viper was first introduced, the U.S. MSRP was $50,700, which equates to $86,130 in today’s dollars. In addition to the lower starting price, the hand-built American exotic now delivers an increased 645 horsepower and gets up to 20 miles per gallon.
Now, in addition to the SRT and GT models, customers can order the 2015.5 Viper TA 2.0 Special Edition and GTS models, both of which feature more standard content compared with the 2014 models they replace.
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $84,995, the 2015 Dodge Viper SRT features new accent stitching on the seats and instrument panel, Alcantara accents on the doors and instrument panel and ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates. All Vipers are powered by the legendary 8.4-liter aluminum V-10, with 645 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque paired with a Tremec six-speed manual transmission, 18/19-inch polished Rattler wheels, four-wheel Brembo brakes, electronic stability control (ESC), dual side exhausts, HID automatic headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, LED taillamps. On the inside, the Viper features a 7-inch reconfigurable driver information display, 8.4-inch Uconnect Touch multimedia center with Parkview rear back-up camera, 3-D navigation with Sirius XM and Travel Link, SRT Performance Pages, launch control, 12-Speaker Harman Kardon audio system, three-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel, Keyless Enter ‘N Go, push-button start and power adjustable pedals
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $94,995, the new for 2015 Viper GT model features Nappa leather seats with Alcantara inserts, Alcantara accents on the doors and IP, ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates, two-mode sport suspension, five-mode ESC, ‘GTS’ hood, two-piece StopTech slotted rotors, red Brembo brake calipers and power six-way driver seat
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $101,995, the TA 2.0 Special Edition features a high-performance Aero Package, competition rear spoiler and front lower dive planes for increased downforce and improved handling on the track, two-piece Brembo Rotors, 18/19-inch Matte Black Sidewinder Wheels, Pirelli P Zero Corsa Tires, dual-mode suspension, five-mode ESC, black Brembo brakes with orange lettering, performance brake pads, carbon fiber structural X-Brace, rear carbon fiber applique, TA front splitter, TA aero wing assembly kit, TA front decal, TA sill decal, interior accent stitching and car cover
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $107,995, the 2015 Dodge Viper GTS features many of the customer preferred “options,” now as standard content, such as Laguna leather seats, Alcantara headliner and Harman Kardon 18-speaker sound system, as well as a Nappa leather IP, console and doors, 18/19-inch polished aluminum Venom wheels, power six-way driver and passenger seats, unique GTS badging. Also, for a new level of exclusivity, introducing the GTS Ceramic Blue Special Edition with Ceramic Blue exterior color, Black stripes, orange brake calipers, rear carbon fiber applique, and GTS gloss black badging
- High-impact Y’Orange and Stryker Orange exterior colors will start arriving at dealers in early 2015
Production of 2015 model year Vipers began at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit in November. 2015 model year Vipers will start arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2015.
Content and images provided by: FCA US LLC