2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S AWD COUPÉ
The 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S AWD COUPÉ can be summed up in one word: Purrrrrrfect. Seriously. When you’re driving this car and you’re a man: you’ll have to beat the women off with a stick, and if you’re a women… let’s just say you won’t be considered just a cougar – you’ll be a magnet.
If anyone ever says to you: “Money can’t buy happiness” – punch them in the throat and show them a picture of this car. Money can buy happiness and it’s called a Jaguar F-Type. This car is worth trading your soul for.
What Is It?
- Two-seater orgasm chamber – for either sex
- The exhaust sound is intoxicating from the moment you press the start button to the time you step on the go pedal and beyond
How Does It Look?
- The sexiest car on the road today – bar none!
- People stopped and stared, others took pictures…
- People went out of their way to drool over it an tell me how beautiful it was
- I’ve never driven a car that had this much attention from people of all ages
- All cars have a better angle that makes them striking (or in some cases ugly), but the F-Type has no bad angles… it’s just gorgeous from all angles
0-60 MPH = 4.8 sec
0-100 KPH = 5.1 seconds
Top Speed = 171 MPH / 275 KPH
MPG = City – 19 / Highway – 27 / combined – 22
L/100 km = City -12.0 / Highway – 6.0 / combined – 8.6
What’s It Like Inside?
- Driver’s position is purrrrfect. Set the multi-way seat once, lock it in the memory and no need to touch it again
- Thanks to the panorama moon roof there’s plenty of light in the cabin – unfortunately it doesn’t open
So How Quick Is It & How Does It Handle?
- The F-TYPE S AWD Coupé provides an extremely rigid body shell for exceptional handling capabilities
- 3.0 Litre V-6 Supercharged engine
- Jaguar’s Quickshift ZF 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle-shifting provides fast seamless gear changes
- Limited Slip Differential along with an All-Wheel Drive System – can it get any better?! Yes it can ….
- Sports Suspension with Adaptive Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
- Active Sports Exhaust
- Jaguar High Performance Braking System with Black calipers
- Behind the wheel, it’s extremely quick, whether you push the ‘Sport Mode” button or not
- This car is on rails – literally, nothing upsets its balance
- Gas pedal reaction is immediate and the brakes are incredibly easy to modulate – it’s not very often you find sports cars with brakes that aren’t touchy and grabby
- Steering input is purrrfect and feedback instantaneous
Horsepower: 380 @ 6,500 rpm
Torque: 339 @ 3,500-5,000 rpm
Top Speed: 171 mph / 275 kph
0 – 60 mph: 4.8 // 0-100 km 5.1 seconds
Noteworthy Standard Features
- Rear view Camera
- HID Headlamps move, LED tail lamps
- Smart key w/Push button start
- Heated Front Seats
- Panoramic glass roof that basically replaces the entire roof
- Bi-function HID Xenon headlamps with washers and LED signature lights
- Sports seats with leather and Suede cloth facings
- 8 inch colour Touch-screen display
What Does It Cost? 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S AWD Coupe
Base Price U.S.: $84,800
Base Price Canada: $97,500
~ To Operate…
- Fuel economy was … uhmmm I don’t know, ‘cause I didn’t care and oddly enough neither did my wife
- Honestly it was around 10.8 L/100 km which is staggering considering that burying the throttle is all you ever do in this car
- U.S. (MPG) is rated at: City – 19 / Highway – 27 / combined – 22
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Everything from the soft leather extremely comfortable sport seats, phenomenal Meridian audio system, to the growl of the exhaust pipe… this truly is a purrrfect 2-seater
- I’ve said this with other cars, but my wife is in total agreement with this: Unfortunately, I’ll never be able to afford one. Where’s the nearest Lotto centre? MUST buy a bunch of tickets!
- What do you mean there’s a 2016 coming out soon… and it’s cheaper?
What’s The Verdict?
I was giddy when I booked this car for a test drive and couldn’t wait to get behind the wheel. It was waaay better and more thrilling than I could ever have imagined. Driving this is right up there with being in the 2-seater Formula One car. I couldn’t imagine the V8 being any better than this – oh wait, maybe I will have to let you know about that….
Video Link to Awesome F-TYPE Video – http://jaguar.dist.sdlmedia.com/Distributions/?f=E8157B04-A15C-46BA-8F40-A65ABFB8CB47&ext=mp4
… Room For Three!!
Text & Images: Iain Shankland
Copyright © 2016 by Iain Shankland