The all-new 2015 Jeep® Renegade expands the brand’s vehicle lineup, entering the growing small sport-utility vehicle (SUV) segment, while staying true to the adventurous lifestyle and 4×4 capability Jeep is known for.
Renegade delivers a unique combination of best-in-class off-road capability, open-air freedom and convenience, a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission that contributes to outstanding on-road and off-road driving dynamics, two fuel-efficient engines, world-class refinement, and a host of innovative safety and advanced technology offerings. The result is an efficient vehicle created to attract youthful and adventurous customers around the world to the Jeep brand.
“The all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade symbolizes the brand’s renowned American design, ingenuity and innovation, marking the Jeep brand’s first entry into the small SUV segment,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO — Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “Renegade expands the brand’s product portfolio and targets the rapidly expanding small SUV segment with a best-in-class combination of fuel efficiency and off-road capability, while at the same time delivering outstanding driving dynamics and the open-air freedom customers expect from Jeep.”
Best-in-class off-road capability thanks to two all-new 4×4 systems
Leveraging 4×4 technology from the all-new Jeep Cherokee, the all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade offers two of the most advanced and intelligent 4×4 systems in its class, all to deliver best-in-class off-road capability. Both systems can provide up to 1,475 lb.-ft. (2,000 N•m) of the engine’s available torque to the rear wheels, for optimal grip:
- Jeep Active Drive – full-time 4×4 system
- Jeep Active Drive Low – class-exclusive full-time 4×4 system with 20:1 crawl ratio
Innovation is also at the forefront of any new Jeep vehicle, and the Renegade features the segment’s first disconnecting rear axle and power take-off unit (PTU) – all to provide Jeep Renegade 4×4 models with enhanced fuel economy. Jeep Active Drive and Active Drive Low 4×4 systems instantly engage when 4×4 traction is needed.
Both Jeep Active Drive and Active Drive Low 4×4 systems include the Jeep Selec-Terrain system, providing up to five modes (Auto, Snow, Sand and Mud modes, plus exclusive Rock mode on the Trailhawk model) for the best four-wheel-drive performance on- or off-road and in any weather condition.
Trail Rated: Renegade Trailhawk 4×4 model
For customers who demand the most off-road capability from their Jeep vehicles, the Renegade Trailhawk model delivers best-in-class Trail Rated 4×4 capability with:
- Standard Jeep Active Drive Low with 20:1 crawl ratio
- Selec-Terrain system with exclusive Rock mode
- Increased ride height 0.8 inches to 8.7 inches of ground clearance
- Skid plates, and signature red front and rear tow hooks
- Unique fascias deliver 30.5 degree approach, 25.7 degree breakover and 34.3 degree departure angles
- Unique 17-inch wheels with aggressive on-road and off-road tires
- Up to 8.1 inches of wheel articulation
- Hill-descent Control
- Up to 19 inches of water fording
- Up to 2,000-lb. towing capability with 2.4-liter Tigershark engine and available tow package
A global Jeep design for a rapidly growing global brand
From the start, Jeep designers knew the Renegade would need to deliver best-in-class off-road capability with city-sized proportions that exuded the brand’s rugged style while at the same time enhancing versatility, maneuverability and style. Additionally, designers were tasked to create an all-new SUV that would symbolize the Jeep brand’s renowned American design and ingenuity, as it would mark the brand’s first entry into the small SUV segment in more than 100 markets around the globe. Last, Renegade had to offer the open-air freedom that dates back to its 1941 roots, with the Willys MB Jeep.
The result is the all-new 2015 Renegade, a vehicle that builds on the Jeep Wrangler’s powerful stance, and features fresh new styling with rugged body forms and aggressive proportions, which enable best-in-class approach and departure angles purposely designed to deliver best-in-class off-road capability. And for segment-exclusive panoramic views, two available “My Sky” open-air roof panel systems conveniently stow to provide passengers open-air freedom with ease.
All-new interior exudes a rugged and energetic appearance
The all-new Jeep Renegade interior features a rugged and energetic appearance that builds upon Jeep’s legendary brand heritage. This small SUV’s precisely crafted detail, innovative and high-quality color and material appointments, state-of-the-art technology, and clever storage draw inspiration from contemporary extreme sports gear and lifestyles.
The interior of the all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade has a distinctive form language, which Jeep designers have titled “Tek-Tonic.” This new design theme is defined by the intersections of soft and tactile forms with rugged and functional details. Major surfaces, such as the sculpted soft-touch instrument panel, are intersected with bold functional elements like the passenger grab handle – indispensable for off-road adventures and borrowed from its big brother, the legendary Jeep Wrangler. Unique “protective clamp fasteners,” anodized design accents and inspired colors are derived from extreme sports equipment, while the newly familiar “X” shapes inspired by its roof and tail lamps add to Renegade’s Tek-Tonic interior look. And to make sure all of the needed passenger gear fits, the Renegade is designed with an efficient and flexible interior package that includes a fold-forward front-passenger seat and class-exclusive removable, reversible and height-adjustable cargo floor panel.
Class-exclusive “My Sky” roof systems: continuing Jeep brand’s open-air freedom since 1941
Expanding the brand’s open-air freedom that originated with the legendary 1941 Willys MB Jeep, the all-new 2015 Renegade offers two class-exclusive “My Sky” open-air roof systems. With a manual removable, or premium power tilt/slide with removable feature, the innovative “My Sky” roof-panel systems quickly bring the outdoors inside. Designed for convenience, the honeycomb fiberglass polyurethane roof panels are lightweight and stow neatly in the rear cargo area. For added design detail, both “My Sky” roof systems feature a debossed “X” stamped into the roof that exude strength and play on the brand’s utilitarian history.
Best-in-class off-road capability with world-class on-road driving dynamics
Designed and engineered to first and foremost deliver legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, the all-new 2015 Renegade is the first vehicle from Chrysler Group to use the all-new “small-wide 4×4 architecture.”
With its fully independent suspension, capable of up to 8.1 inches (205 mm) of wheel articulation and 8.7 inches (220 mm) of ground clearance (Trailhawk model), Renegade raises the bar in the small SUV segment with best-in-class off-road capability. Extensive use of advanced steels, composites and advanced computer-impact simulations enable the all-new 2015 Renegade’s architecture to deliver world-class torsional stiffness and the Jeep brand’s durability required for Trail Rated adventures.
The all-new Renegade is the first Jeep SUV to integrate Koni’s frequency selective damping (FSD) front and rear strut system. This damping system enables the Jeep Renegade to deliver world-class road-holding and handling characteristics.
World’s first small SUV with nine-speed automatic transmission
Like the new Jeep Cherokee, the all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade has raised the bar — this time in the small SUV class — with the first available nine-speed automatic transmission. When paired with the 2.4-liter Tigershark engine with MultiAir2 (4×2 or 4×4), the nine-speed transmission delivers numerous benefits customers will appreciate, including aggressive launches, smooth power delivery at highway speeds and improved fuel efficiency versus competitive six-speed automatic transmissions.
More than 30 mpg highway
True to the Jeep brand, the all-new Renegade will offer customers a best-in-class combination of fuel efficiency and off-road capability, including two MultiAir four-cylinder engines that provide more than 30 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway:
- 2.4-liter Tigershark engine with MultiAir2
- 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine
An Eco Mode is also available with the nine-speed automatic transmission on the all-new Jeep Renegade, for fuel-efficient drivers.
Segment-exclusive technologies once found only on premium SUVs
The all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade offers technology features once found only in upper-segment vehicles, and makes them attainable to customers in the growing small SUV segment – including award-winning Uconnect Access (late availability), Uconnect touchscreens and the segment’s largest full-color instrument cluster.
- Uconnect Access: Utilizes embedded cellular technology to allow Jeep Renegade occupants to get directly in contact with local emergency-service dispatchers – all with the push of the 9-1-1 ASSIST button on the overhead console. Uconnect Access applies the same logic to roadside assistance. One push of the “ASSIST” button summons help directly from Chrysler Group’s roadside assistance provider, or the Vehicle Customer Care Center. Further peace of mind comes from the system’s ability to receive text messages, announce receipt of texts, identify senders and then “read” the messages aloud with Bluetooth-equipped cell phones. Drivers can even use a “voice texting” feature that keeps their hands on the wheel and attention on the road.
- Uconnect touchscreen radio systems: Award-winning in-vehicle handsfree communication, entertainment and available navigation. Key features available on the Uconnect 5.0 and 6.5AN systems include a 5.0-inch or 6.5-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity, radio data system capability (RDS), digital audio broadcast (DAB), HD Radio, digital media broadcasting (DMB), SiriusXM Radio, SiriusXM Traffic, SiriusXM Travel Link, USB port and auxiliary audio jack input.
- Segment’s largest full-color instrument cluster display: Filling the Jeep Renegade’s gauge cluster in front of the driver is an available 7-inch, full-color, premium multiview display, featuring a reconfigurable function that enables drivers to personalize information inside the instrument cluster. The information display is designed to visually communicate information, using graphics and text, quickly and easily.
Renegade features up to 70 advanced safety and security features
Safety and security were at the forefront in the development of the all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade, setting the stage for up to 70 available safety and security features, including the segment’s first availability of Forward Collision Warning-Plus and LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus.
In addition, engineers added both active and passive safety and security features, including Blind-spot Monitoring; Rear Cross Path detection; ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines; electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation and seven standard air bags.
Jeep brand’s global resources
Designed in America and crafted in Italy, the 2015 Renegade continues the Jeep brand’s dedication to the global marketplace and demonstrates the depths of its available resources. The final assembly location for the Renegade will be at the Melfi Assembly Plant.
Content and images provided by: FCA US LLC